Sunday, July 11, 2010

Race Day

On June something I completed my first 5K since having kids. Go me! It was a decent run with a gal friend Kat. We had trained using the Couch to 5K program which we would both recommend to anyone looking to get started in running. There were a couple of weeks that we did twice but all it all, a good program. I even got the Couch to 5K app for my phone which was very helpful as it told us what to do. Race time: 41:30. We're thinking of trying again in October to see if we can get it under 40min.

After the race, the kids, in-laws, my dad and I walked around and had lunch at the Taste of Ann Arbor. I highly recommend the cupcakes from the Cupcake Station, the kids enjoyed the chocolate covered strawberries.

This picture doesn't do the actually amount of chocolate covering the faces justice. =)

No comments: