Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 2 (or 3)

Today Jon and I went for an AM run down Holmes Run. The run would have gone a bit better for me had we not ended with a hill. OUCH! I'm still feeling it. From there were headed into DC to check out the Cherry Blossom Festival. The trees were wonderful looking, though I'm not so sure how much the kids got out of it. We also walked around a bunch and checked out both the Washington and Jefferson Memorials. Mason and Caleb picked out a souvenir at the Washington Memorial; Caleb got a bookmark of the memorial and Mason bought a National Geographic National Park book. As we (well, the adults anyway) were a little tired out, when then took the Metro back to the apartment and watched a movie before dinner. After dinner the kids pretty much put themselves to bed. =) I would love to show you pics of the day, but Jon left his SD card at the apartment and my camera is non-functional still. However, here are few pics of the kids and their sleeping arrangements! Uncle Jon was the preferred reader this eve.


No comments: