This morning the kids decided that they wanted blueberry muffins. Being the good mom that I am, I looked up a recipe and made the muffins. (Seriously, what else am I going to do with the 2lb container that was on too good a deal to pass up.) They turned out fabulously! Mason states that he ate 5. (Growth spurt is coming!)
To Die for Blueberry Muffins found at allrecipes.com
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1 egg
* 1/3 cup milk
* 1 cup fresh blueberries
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup butter, cubed
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
3. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
Also today I downloaded Mason's camera so he would have room to take pictures on our nature hike this afternoon. Kevin probably won't be as amused by this, but doesn't it look a little like Buzz Lightyear is goosing him?
Harry S. Truman - Aircraft Carrier
3 years ago