Tuesday, July 24, 2007


Sorry that there's been a lull in posting, something wasn't talking to something else because it got fried in the storm. This left us with no internet for a few days as my computer geek has been busy with other things. I know, I know. You're all asking, "what could be more important than the internet connection??" This past week was Art Fair. Kevin really enjoys riding bikes and just thinks it's wonderful that HVA will pay him money to ride a bike around art fair. So, he worked 6 days last week and was held over about every day on the ambulance and worked double shifts on the bike. All in all, I had a tired computer geek. His one day off he spent working at his parent's house helping to get the house ready for Al's wedding. That evening after I worked, I found him sleeping in the hammock. (The last job his mom asked for that day was to hang the hammock, she never saw him again after that.)

Colby after her tooth broke slept fabulously for the next few nights sleeping almost 12 hrs every night. Slowly the last few nights she's started to get up again, though just once and only to eat before going right back down. Also, we have tooth number 2 (yesterday)! With the arrival of this second tooth I was hoping that we would again go back to sleeping 12 hr. Instead, she has turned into a grumpy baby. Naps, bedtime, and awake time have all turned into fussy time. Don't get me wrong, it's not all bad. She has learned to sit! Colby can now sit for a full minute before she wobbles wrong and falls. And, last week, I heard her giggle. It was soo much fun to see her giggle so hard at her brother, which just encouraged him to keep up his silliness = more giggles. Ahhh... it was a cute 15min. If only I had grabbed the camera I could have had a short movie of it for all of you.

Mason started swim lessons yesterday. We decided that this was something that he really needed to get into. At the lake earlier in the month he had real problems with the water and didn't trust his life jacket. So, we're hoping that this will help. Yesterday went well. They had two instructors and 5 kids in the 3-4 age range. Mason was pretty much one-on-one for the first half as the instructor very patiently encouraged him into the water. Once he started to get more comfortable with it, he seemed to do well. By the end of the half hour, he was the last kid to leave the water. It will be interesting to see how the next couple of weeks unfold and how he does by the end. Our trip to Long Lake is coming up and hopefully he'll be able to show off all of his new skills.

I'm doing ok. I went a little nuts at the beginning of last week as both kids were a little fussy and not sleeping well. Than to top it off we ran out of creamer for my coffee. So not a happy start to my week. Things have gotten better. I'm trying to fit in another day of work a week so I'm back up to three days a week as before. I did manage to get the entrance hallway painted and i think that it was my best cutting in job yet. The color is still growing on me a bit, but I think that I like it. I bought some pictures from Ikea yesterday to help jazz it up a bit. I will have to say that if anyone is looking to get a gift for me, I would like the Little Giant ladder. We borrowed one from a friend so I could paint on the stairway and the high parts at the bottom. It worked wonderfully! I can definitely see the benefits of having something like that around. Kevin used to have a big ladder, but we couldn't fit it on the car to bring it back down from the UP. This ladder just folds up so nicely and unfolds to be so tall. All in all, I'm not sure that Jeff will see his ladder again. =) Kevin warns that Jeff apparently has some of our tools that he can hold hostage. This could be interesting...

No comments: