Monday, March 1, 2010

The downs of parenting

I know that ultimately it's a good thing that Mason has learned how to read and write, but some days....

I know that he was just upset with me and is just voicing that. But seriously kid, you hit your sister in the back of the head with a big plastic bat AND I witnessed the whole event. I can't just let that slide. Later in the day he erased it and told me that he likes me again.

In other news, I finished the back of the quilt yesterday and finished the quilting part of things today. Here's a view of the back after I'd finished the quilting. I attempted to make straight lines across the quilt as I thought it would look cool with the wonky squares, however my lines are not so straight. I'm going to pretend I meant to do that. =)

I'm thinking that if I had more patience and slowed down some I could be a fierce quilter. I just don't like having outstanding projects. I feel like they taunt me. =)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You could also help Mom finish my quilt that she is undoudably working on multiple hours every day to get completed.

Sara said...

Actually, it sounds as though her sewing machine is broken. I think you might be out of luck for awhile. =)

Laura said...

Ouch, that little sign is like a dagger through the heart! I'm glad he likes you again. Someday (like when he has kids) you will show him that picture and he'll feel really bad. The quilt looks great! I'm having fun making stuff for a baby shower coming up. Way more fun making girl baby stuff! :)