Saturday, November 22, 2008

Updates

Looking back I noticed that it's been a little while since I've updated ya'll on life in the Freeman household. Lately I'm finding myself with a lot of free time on the couch (more on that later) so here we go!

Mason: He's reading up a storm! It's been great. We've gone to him reading us a book at night. With increased reading also comes the increase in writing words. Funny moment, Mason insisted that love was actually spelled "luv" as that is how it sounds; he told Kevin that he was wrong. =) Conferences with his teacher went very well, no complaints and he's transitioning into life as a school kid well. His bus driver asked me the other day if he was always this good natured. He still has a bit of a cough, but it does seem to be better after antibiotics... still toying with this asthma diagnosis.

Colby: She decided 3-4wks ago that she was no longer going to sit on the potty AT ALL. Not that she was using it or anything before that, but she would at least briefly sit on it. No longer. However, her vocabulary just took off!! She has new words consistently and will repeat most of what she hears. Also, she is putting many words together and really working on speaking in sentences. Just amazing how they regress in one area to jump so far ahead in another. As for potty stuff... the last couple of days she's told us as she's pooping and has requested to go on the potty. Daddy had a fab time cleaning the carpet yesterday. Apparently Colby sat on the potty mushing pooh on her bum, then got up and ran down the hall and tripped smearing pooh on the carpet. Ahhhh... gotta love kids.

And as for Kevin and I, we continue to work on maintaining our sanity. Kevin is still doing some computer stuff for a local company on a VERY part-time basis, but hey it's a start! Me, I'm stuck on the couch for a bit as I've injured my knee playing volleyball. We'll learn the extent of injury on Tues after I visit with the ortho MD.

My dad continues to hang out with us during the week which has really been a great help with kitchen cleaning and babysitting. And this week, we'll be doing dinner at both families. Busy times ensue! I would post some pics but I am in the process of picking out Christmas card and don't want to ruin the surprise.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I hope everything is ok with your knee!